Friday, November 8, 2013

30 Days of Thanks - Day 7

Day 7: Coming home to my husband.

This is late. Specifically for the reason above. There is absolutely nothing like coming in from the chilly twilight to the warm glow of home - and a big bear hug from your favorite.

And then? Making dinner together. Let's be honest - he did most of the making. I sliced brussels sprouts. And poured wine. But it's those little domestic things that make a daily routine together so ridiculously magical. Coming home to my husband - I don't think the thrill will wear off any time soon.

November 7th calls for extra gratitude, too: for a first kiss 15 years ago and a proposal I couldn't refuse 12 years later. So very thankful for Kevin - my best friend, my partner, my rock, and my happily ever after.


No comments:

Post a Comment